|"Better late than never, but better never late!"|
|Season 1, Episode 14|
|Written by||Lisa Akhurst|
|Directed by||Brian Mitchell|
|Summer Breeze||Light At The End Of The Tunnel|
Jubilee and Victoria have an argument after Jubilee wakes up late, which ends with them both feeling cross with each other. When Victoria stops at the botanical gardens, she sneezes after Mr Rails presents her with some new flowers, and she breaks her glasses. As Mr Rails guides her to the workshop, Jubilee takes over Victoria's line, much to her dismay.
Ernie's had to bring his mother's old vacuum cleaner into work to be fixed, so he drops it off at the workshop when Mr Rails and Victoria arrive. While inspecting the vacuum cleaner, Mr Rails decides it's unfixable and Ernie agrees that it needs to be scrapped. Victoria overhears their conversation and is worried they're talking about her.
Jubilee is showing off on Victoria's line, and goes so fast that he blows a gasket. When Victoria's glasses are fixed, she receives a message from Millie to visit International Underground Station, which she tearfully accepts, preparing for the worst. Once she gets there, she finds out that they were talking about the vacuum cleaner, much to her relief. Ernie tells her that Victoria is one of the driving forces behind the Underground being the best railway, and Victoria happily goes to rescue Jubilee.
Jubilee is rescued but will have to wait until the next day to be fixed, but Victoria tows him back to the workshop for a brief check-up. At the sheds that night, the two friends make up their quarrel, and Jubilee promises to wake up earlier from now on.
- International Underground Station
- Control Tower
- The Sheds
- Victoria's Line
- Jubilee's Line
- This episode is the only occasion of a few things
- The only time we see one of the trains in operation without their carriage attached.
- The only time we see Victoria without her spectacles.
- Ernie's line "Cheer up Victoria, it might never happen" appears to come out of nowhere.
- When Ernie tells Victoria about what's happened to Jubilee, his mouth isn't moving.
- In the shot of Victoria when she's rescuing Jubilee, her wheels are derailed.